Nostra Mar means ‘our sea’ in Catalan. It reminds us of the access to the sea for all and the protection of the marine environment, which partly depends on ourselves and on our environmentally friendly choices. Nostra Mar’s key values are the following:
- Getting to know the sea better: its inhabitants, habitats and conservation issues,
- Familiarizing with the sea: feeling at home in the sea, using all our senses (observing, feeling the contact with the water and its salty taste, etc.),
- Respecting the sea: promoting environmentally responsible behaviors,
- Promoting local products, such as fruit syrup from Les petits fruits de Jef.
Nostra Mar tries to be as eco-friendly as possible, meaning we take into account environmental impacts in all of our decisions (www.ademe.fr). In particular, it includes buying eco-products as much as possible and reducing water, energy and paper consumption. We would like to promote eco-friendly gestures and the best way is to apply them to ourselves first! Thus, here are some examples of the eco-friendly choices made by Nostra Mar:
- Reducing the amount of plastic: we use reusable cups and containers, no plastic bottles,
- Cleaning equipment with a biodegradable cleaner,
- Limiting water consumption: the equipment is rinsed in a bucket rather than with a hosepipe.
We aim to improve our eco-friendly process with time…Feel free to share your ideas with us!
Nostra Mar is part of the eco-friendly diving centers. To know more, click the image: